- Career Level Senior Level - Advanced
- Experience Mid Management Level
- Gender Other
- Industry Information ServicesFinancial ServicesCommercial Banking
- Qualifications University Degree
My Client is looking for a Head of TechOps in Bangkok, Thailand
You will join an established team as a member of Ascend Commerce Technology, you will be a key contributor as a DevOps Senior Developer. You will be responsible for the efficient development of the platform infrastructure and data platform of Ascend Commerce. This platform will enable the building of leading-edge enterprise and consumer-facing products servicing a variety of critically important use cases in B2B and B2C. You will work hand in hand in a truly cross-functional matrix organization designing and implementing infrastructure using technology like Kubernetes. The Client is looking to migrate infrastructure to Kubernetes so most everything in the operation should be done in Kubernetes as much as possible.
- You will manage Automate provisioning of data-services backends, ideally push it to do all of this in top of Kubernetes and containers.
- Define DevOps best practices, work with application teams on best practices and ensure they are followed. Teach others how to do the right things. Automate everything.
- Work towards enabling self-service as much as possible via automation so that application teams can do what they need without you, focus on the engineering aspect primarily.
- You will help drive migrating legacy data platforms to new platforms. Both on-premise datacenters and in the Cloud.
- Help automate the automated deployment, CI / CD of all of our services in a consistent and reliable way to production, at scale
- Develop, monitor, and build alerts around error conditions and performance.
- Ensure testing of everything done by you and the team.
- You be expected to learn new things and technologies as needed.
- Must be on call when needed to support the infrastructure and our systems.
Experience and Qualification Required:
- Building frameworks such as Gradle, Maven to automate efficiency in CI pipeline. Writing plug-ins and new features in build frameworks gets you excited!
- If you have Kubernetes and best practices around will be a big plus
- Provisioning systems and applications programmatically
- Managing Linux system is required, at scale even better
- Configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet would be a plus
- Automating from dev to production the push of services to production
- Familiar with microservice architectures, decoupled systems
- Must have knowledge in artifact repository managers like Nexus
- Terraform is a big plus
- Understanding of cloud computing design and security principles in cloud environments like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- High Availability Services and Data
- Should have knowledge in monitoring tools like Prometheus, Nagios, AppManager
- Have experience in Scripting skills in Python, Groovy or other interpreted scripting languages like Perl or Ruby
- Supporting experience of big-data infrastructures such as Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark is a plus
Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbally with Engineering language embedded as part of the culture.